- Ph.D. (2019), Iran University of Science and Technology in Computational Physical Chemistry
- M.Sc. (2011), Iran University of Science and Technology in Physical Chemistry
- B.Sc. (2007), University of Guilan in Chemistry
Setare Mostajabi Sarhangi is a Postdoctoral Research Associate at Arizona State University since 2021. Setare did her Ph.D as a joint graduate student with Matyushov lab at Arizona State University and Hashemianzadeh lab at Iran University of Science and Technology. During her Ph.D, Setare studied the effect of polarizability on kinetics of Electron Transfer. After defending her Ph.D at 2019, Setare initiated collaboration with Professor Matyushov before starting her Postdoctoral program. Setare is currently working on kinetics of biological electron transfer to understand how proteins are able to facilitate the long-range electron transfer with small activation energy. She is particularly interested in modeling of chemical reaction rates in biological systems.
1. Enhanced molecular diffusivity through destructive interference between electrostatic and osmotic forces, J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2021.
2. Driving Forces of Protein Diffusion, The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters. 2020.
3. Effective Dielectric Constant of Water at the Interface with Charged C60 Fullerenes. The Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 2019.
4. Half Reactions with Multiple Redox States Do Not Follow the Standard Theory: A Computational Study of Electrochemistry of C60. The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2018.
5. Interfacial Structural Crossover and Hydration Thermodynamics of Charged C60 in Water. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2018.
6. Computational model of hydrogen production by Coumarin-dye-sensitized water splitting to absorb the visible light in a local electric field. Energy Conversion and Management, 2012.
7. Significant Enhancement in Efficiency of Dyes by Applying External Electric Field in Dye Sensitized Solar Cell. Computational and Theoretical Chemistry, 2011.
8. A high-light-harvesting-efficiency of NKX-2593 and NKX-2883 Coumarin dyes in a local electric field: Can a local electric field enhance dye sensitizer solar efficiently? Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry, 2011.