- Ph.D. (2018), Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- M.Sc. (2013), Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- B. Sc. (2011), Ramakrishna Mission Vidyamandira, Calcutta University
Tuhin Samanta is a postdoctoral scholar at Arizona State University since 2019. Tuhin was born and brought up in India. He did his Ph.D. in Chemical Physics in the Solid State and Structural Chemistry Unit at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India under the guidance of Prof. Biman Bagchi. Currently, he is a postdoctoral research scholar in Prof. Matyushov's group at Arizona State University.
His research interests primarily lie in the area of chemical dynamics of different complex systems. He has a strong background in computer simulations of theoretical infrared spectroscopy, (i.e. 1D and 2D infrared spectroscopy) computational studies of hydrophobicity i.e. especially the confinement properties, glass transition, electron transfer, and dielectric relaxation of polar and non-polar liquids etc.
- Rikhia Ghosh, Tuhin Samanta, Saikat Banaerjee, Rajib Biswas and Biman Bagchi; Spatio-temporal correlations in aqueous systems: computational studies of static and dynamic heterogeneity by 2D-IR spectroscopy, Faraday Discuss. 177 313 (2015).
- Tuhin Samanta, Rajesh Dutta, Rajib Biswas and Biman Bagchi; Infrared spectroscopic study of super-critical water across the Widom line, Chem. Phys. Lett. 702 96 (2018).
- Tuhin Samanta, Rajib Biswas, Saikat Banerjee and Biman Bagchi; Study of distance dependence of hydrophobic force between two graphene-like walls and a signature of pressure induced structure formation in the confined water, J. Chem. Phys. 149 044502 (2018).
- Sarmistha Sarkar, Tuhin Samanta, and Biman Bagchi; Dynamics of a binary mixture of non-spherical molecules: Test of hydrodynamic predictions, J. Chem. Phys. 149 124508 (2018).
- Tuhin Samanta and Biman Bagchi; Temperature effects on the hydrophobic force between two graphene-like surfaces in liquid water, J. Chem. Sci. 130 29 (2018).
- Tuhin Samanta and Dmitry Matyushov; Mobility of large ions in water, J. Chem. Phys. 153 (4), 044503 (2020).
- Tuhin Samanta and Dmitry Matyushov; Dielectric friction, violation of the Stokes-Einstein-Debye relation, and non-Gaussian transport dynamics of dipolar solutes in water, Phys. Rev. Res. 3, 023025 (2021).
- Tuhin Samanta , S. M. Sarhangi and Dmitry Matyushov; Enhanced molecular diffusivity through destructive interference between electrostatic and osmotic forces, J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 12, 6648–6653 (2021).